Star Wars Sweaters, Pizza, and Other Handmade Things
First, Star Wars sweaters for the boys, made by my super-fast-knitter mother. Sure she's retired, but she made both of these - sizes 6 and 8 - within three weeks. The motifs were free from this site.


Next, a knitted slice of pizza for the younger boy who still can't eat solids because of his dental surgery. Pepperoni pizza (he calls it "popperoni") is his favourite food. The pattern is from blogger Bittersweet, here. I followed it closely, except for the choice of toppings, and I skipped the intarsia on the sauce piece out of sheer laziness.

The pattern's so nice, I'm makin' it twice. Not that I really have a choice - the older boy wants a slice too!
Next up, the crocheted bird I said I wanted to make. I didn't follow the pattern for this one, just the construction. It's basically an egg with wings and a tail. The beak sticks out slightly, but is embroidered on.



Next, you may recall that my sister wanted me to crochet a car for her little son. Here are the wheels.

And here is a failed attempt at the body.

I'm going to try knitting the body instead of crocheting it.
Another item requested by my sister: a crocheted tea set. I sent her the Interweave knitted tea set, but it's too floppy to play with. I'm going to crochet her a new set, and here's the first piece, a teacup. You can see that it's much sturdier than the knitted version.

Here's something for myself from the last of the Briggs and Little wool. It's a felted bag to hold my sock knitting, based on the Stitch 'n' Bitch marsupial tote bag pattern.

I was planning to use this mauve wool to make another heart pillow (the kids keep asking where my pillow is, as everyone else in the family has one), but even when fulled, the yarn is too scratchy to be against the skin for long periods.

BTW, the pattern for the heart pillow can be found here.
With all these knitted things cluttering up the place, I decided to ship some stuff off to my sister in England. Being packed off is the kids' old Plan Toys home office play set,

and the crocheted bird, Stashbucks coffee cup, some knitted desserts, and other things. These will be on a slow boat to the United Kingdom to you, dear M. BTW, later in the week when Fun sends them to me, I hope to post pictures from the big family gathering on Saturday.
Next, a knitted slice of pizza for the younger boy who still can't eat solids because of his dental surgery. Pepperoni pizza (he calls it "popperoni") is his favourite food. The pattern is from blogger Bittersweet, here. I followed it closely, except for the choice of toppings, and I skipped the intarsia on the sauce piece out of sheer laziness.
The pattern's so nice, I'm makin' it twice. Not that I really have a choice - the older boy wants a slice too!
Next up, the crocheted bird I said I wanted to make. I didn't follow the pattern for this one, just the construction. It's basically an egg with wings and a tail. The beak sticks out slightly, but is embroidered on.
Next, you may recall that my sister wanted me to crochet a car for her little son. Here are the wheels.
And here is a failed attempt at the body.
I'm going to try knitting the body instead of crocheting it.
Another item requested by my sister: a crocheted tea set. I sent her the Interweave knitted tea set, but it's too floppy to play with. I'm going to crochet her a new set, and here's the first piece, a teacup. You can see that it's much sturdier than the knitted version.
Here's something for myself from the last of the Briggs and Little wool. It's a felted bag to hold my sock knitting, based on the Stitch 'n' Bitch marsupial tote bag pattern.
I was planning to use this mauve wool to make another heart pillow (the kids keep asking where my pillow is, as everyone else in the family has one), but even when fulled, the yarn is too scratchy to be against the skin for long periods.
BTW, the pattern for the heart pillow can be found here.
With all these knitted things cluttering up the place, I decided to ship some stuff off to my sister in England. Being packed off is the kids' old Plan Toys home office play set,
and the crocheted bird, Stashbucks coffee cup, some knitted desserts, and other things. These will be on a slow boat to the United Kingdom to you, dear M. BTW, later in the week when Fun sends them to me, I hope to post pictures from the big family gathering on Saturday.